Home Cash/food assistance Child Support Medicaid Workforce Development Apply online for assistance Children Services Social Services Child Care Contact information

Meigs County Job and Family Services

We're here when you need us

175 Race Street, P.O. Box 191,

Middleport, Ohio 45760

740-992-2117   or  1-800-992-2608

Child Support Enforcement Agency

The Meigs County Child Support Enforcement Agency (CSEA) is a division of the Meigs County Department of Job and Family Services.

The CSEA is responsible for assisting in obtaining support for children who have a non-custodial parent (a parent who is absent from the home and who is not providing support for the child).


Access Your Child Support Case Online

Ohio Child Support Enforcement website

Ohio Means Jobs

The CSEA works in conjunction with the Meigs County Common Pleas Court and the Meigs County Juvenile Court in establishing orders of support for individuals not receiving child support and in establishing paternity and support orders for paternity cases. CSEA also locates absent parents, enforce, collect and disburse support. There are several tools available to the CSEA to handle these tasks, including: administrative subpoena, postal verifications, employment verifications through both automated and manual means and legal remedies through the court system. The CSEA also uses the Internal Revenue Service and Ohio tax refund offset services, which allows for the offset of child support owed from the absent parent’s tax refund.

The Meigs CSEA handles over 2400 child support cases, which are comprised of divorces, paternities, alimony and maintenance of support orders. The unit collects approximately $2.5 million per year in child support which is disbursed to custodial parents, ex-spouses and the State of Ohio for reimbursement of Ohio Works First cases.

You may contact the CSEA unit by calling 740-992-2117 or 740-992-5031.


The Meigs DJFS attorney handles the agencies legal matters. Primarily the attorney assists the CSEA in legal recourse of obtaining child support from absent parents. He also acts as legal advisor to the Children Services Unit and the agency in social welfare matters.